These are broke up in 2 different videos. What suggestions on improvements do you have?
Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by James Strack, September 6, 2020 · 7 Replies · 139 Views
These are broke up in 2 different videos. What suggestions on improvements do you have?
Thanks!
Good Afternoon can someone please look at my B3 Side over Arch form? I am finding that the front of my shoulder is getting sore from doing these of course in addition to my obliques.
I do core 3 times a week. Adding shoulder restore to it now that I noticed that. I had originally thought my shoulder was sore from upper body but today really noticed it in front shoulders on B3.
On your Straddle hollow body hold remember to keep your head in a neutral position the entire time. I did notice that you adjusted it part way through. On your table rocks, try to hit a strong PPT while engaging your core muscles at the top of each rep. Your goal is to make your chest, stomach, hips, and thighs create a straight line.
On your side over arch make sure your shoulder is directly over you hand at the bottom of each rep. Right now your shoulder is leaning to the 'inside'/more medially. You are also picking up a bit of pike. Try engaging your glutes to help keep your hips straight while looking directly in front of you. As you look at your feet your top shoulder tends to drop forward. This could be what is causing the front of your shoulders to be sore as the angle of movement is incorrect for the exercise. Try to keep your top shoulder directly over the other (in the frontal plane). On your elbow bounces, make sure that you are looking straight forward while engaging your core muscles to pull your ribs in.
On your v-ups work on touching your toes at the top of each rep while keeping your knees straight. I would also like to see you straighten your back more. Reaching for your toes might also help you to address the spinal position. You're off to a good start on your iM. As you hold this position, try to push your butt backwards while making your spine as straight as possible.
Got V ups improvements hopefully.
@Jeffrey Bittner
19 hours ago, James Strack said:Got V ups improvements hopefully.
@Jeffrey Bittner
Hey James, my suggestion is to stay with a low number of reps until the technique is fixed.
Now follow the main problems:
- keep the elbows straight;
-keep the knee straight;
-keep the legs together;
My idea is that there is a gap between strength and mobility, can you please show me your level on the IM1 and IM2?
Let me search to see what im1 and 2 is. Must admit the abbreviations confuse me.
Is it Jefferson curl and stiff leg windmill?
21 hours ago, James Strack said:Let me search to see what im1 and 2 is. Must admit the abbreviations confuse me.
Is it Jefferson curl and stiff leg windmill?
Yes. If the range of motion in these variations does not match a minimum of the standard then we can not be surprised if we are making enormous efforts of the following steps.
OK thanks I'll try to get that posted soon and I want to create a excel spreadsheet of exercise abbreviations so I am not scrambling to figure out what people are talking about.