This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated Deck Squat injury

Started by James Strack, September 5, 2020 · 2 Replies · 76 Views

James Strack

I was doing pretty good keeping knee series before I started lower body. 

But alas it don't take much...  I had yoga mat folded 4 times for the elevated surface of my elevated Deck Squat.  Usually works fine but it slipped on me when I went down this time and made uneven surface when I came up.  Knee felt a tweak.   I can Squat up and down and walk fine but it's tender on inner side and if I angle my leg.   Gonna take it easy on my legs and see if I just bruised or strained it before I start to worry.   Probably would be major pain if was worse. 

Even though yoga mat comfortable to roll back on its not entirely safe.  I'll look for a more stable elevated substitute.  Or maybe vise grip it in place.  

James Strack

Feeling better already can't even feel it now walking.   Probably the knee series helped there. 

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/5/2020 at 7:09 PM, James Strack said:

I was doing pretty good keeping knee series before I started lower body. 

But alas it don't take much...  I had yoga mat folded 4 times for the elevated surface of my elevated Deck Squat.  Usually works fine but it slipped on me when I went down this time and made uneven surface when I came up.  Knee felt a tweak.   I can Squat up and down and walk fine but it's tender on inner side and if I angle my leg.   Gonna take it easy on my legs and see if I just bruised or strained it before I start to worry.   Probably would be major pain if was worse. 

Even though yoga mat comfortable to roll back on its not entirely safe.  I'll look for a more stable elevated substitute.  Or maybe vise grip it in place.  

Hey James, if it is a light problem do not load the knee more than daily work. if pain and strange sensations went after 4-5 days...well this is nothing.