A lot of work to be done here
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
SLS SE1
Started by Reilly Herbst, September 2, 2020 · 23 Replies · 202 Views
This is a hard one, but you're off to a great start. I recommend placing a hand on a chair or the wall as you start out to help with the balance. Having a little extra assistance will also allow you to focus on opening up your non-support hip as you squat down (keeping your knee out to the side). On your iM, keep trying to elevate your hips more as you pull your feet in towards your butt.
This week I used a chair for balance and I noticed a big difference. Should I add any extra stretches to help open up my hips because I believe that's what's holding me back.
My hips have opened a lot since I first started this progression, just wanted to see how my form looks?
Nice work, Reilly. It's looking good!
Even though I'm making a lot of progress, what are some stretches i should add to my daily limber that will improve my Hawaiian squat?
Making sure my form looks good
On 11/23/2020 at 7:11 PM, Reilly Herbst said:My hips have opened a lot since I first started this progression, just wanted to see how my form looks?
Very nice!
7 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:
probably if you want to reach lower you need a counterweigth on your hands...
https://youtube.com/shorts/LgZMlagUEhg?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/8iMWs2NfjBA?feature=share
Testing for mastery!
crazy to see my progress since my first post.
13 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:https://youtube.com/shorts/LgZMlagUEhg?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/8iMWs2NfjBA?feature=share
Testing for mastery!
crazy to see my progress since my first post.
Hey reilly...can you reach a bit lower? some reps are almost at parallel!
8 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:
nice form...almost horizontal
2 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:
if you do it without the crossed leg can you move at horizontal position?
Do you mean a regular squat?
8 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:Do you mean a regular squat?
yes...single leg
Do you think I’m ready to move to the next progression or wait and get this deeper?
11 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:Do you think I’m ready to move to the next progression or wait and get this deeper?
it depends on how the rom is limited by the opposite leg or by the lenght of you femur that it is not short...can you reach a bit lower?
I will next training
https://youtube.com/shorts/hda5WNABujA?si=HrDp5bbhpggwT7nH
https://youtube.com/shorts/1gXf2Y5pNh0?si=p587LDqMcZARlAjx
how does this look?
@Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:https://youtube.com/shorts/hda5WNABujA?si=HrDp5bbhpggwT7nH
https://youtube.com/shorts/1gXf2Y5pNh0?si=p587LDqMcZARlAjx
how does this look?
@Alessandro Mainente
that's fine!