This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder Extension Walks

Started by James O'Boyle, August 31, 2020 · 7 Replies · 92 Views

James O'Boyle

Hi coaches,

I've always found this one difficult but I'm finding it helps my active shoulder extension a lot.  Anything I can do to improve?

Thanks,

James

Jeffrey Bittner

You are picking up some external rotation in your left shoulder. You can see that your left hand sticks out a little bit further than your right when your hands are close together. I suggest starting the exercise from full shoulder extension rather than hands out to the side. From there, try to walk both hands out simultaneously rather than alternating between the two.

James O'Boyle

@Jeffrey Bittner  Ah, I see what you mean!  I'll work on fixing this.

Thanks,

James

James O'Boyle

@Jeffrey Bittner  Hi again Jeffrey!  Here's another attempt at this.  Sorry the camera angle is slightly askew...  How does it look this time?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Jeffrey Bittner  Hi again Jeffrey!  Here's another attempt at this.  Sorry the camera angle is slightly askew...  How does it look this time?

Thanks,

James

Hi James, please stop at 10 seconds...what do you see about symmetry?

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Looks like either my left shoulder is retracted more, or I'm walking faster with my right arm?

Alessandro Mainente

You should try to see yourself...and adjust the position little by little.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Gotcha, will do!