This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/SE2-iM Form Check

Started by Jeremy Hay, August 29, 2020 · 2 Replies · 48 Views

Jeremy Hay

If I have to go back to sPL/SE1, that's O.K. But my main question about this has always been how much friction is allowed between the arms and torso. Should I be aiming to have basically zero friction in the bent arm position, like in the straight arm position? Many times I feel that I am blurring the line between a bent arm half straddle planche, and some form of elbow lever.

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Jeremy Hay said:

If I have to go back to sPL/SE1, that's O.K. But my main question about this has always been how much friction is allowed between the arms and torso. Should I be aiming to have basically zero friction in the bent arm position, like in the straight arm position? Many times I feel that I am blurring the line between a bent arm half straddle planche, and some form of elbow lever.

HI Jeremy, the idea of this variation is learning how to extend the hips when another force is applied to support the body. having a bit of friction is ok but the vast majority of the weight should be supported by the hands.

Jeremy Hay

Thanks, Alessandro.