"TAKE IT SLOW, OR BLOW YOUR ELBOWS"

Started by certaintragedy, May 31, 2010 · 4 Replies · 3,354 Views

certaintragedy

I love this site. There needs to be a big warning somewhere that reads:

" TAKE IT SLOW, OR BLOW YOUR ELBOWS"

I did about a week and a half of the basic holds and the pain in my elbows was so severe I had to take a month off. My elbows still crack when I bend them but the pain has decreased.

I began again but going back to the frog stand before I do L-sits again and reducing my time on the back lever. I reduced the frequency to only 2 days a week for each. I will maintain this for about 3 months I think to build a base.

As a swimmer turned body builder turned Muay Thai enthusiast my elbows never got the necessary base they needed. 6'4 200lbs doesn't help anything either :)

Rolf Nilsen

All too true. Worked one arm handstands up against a wall without having done the progressions.. Stupid stupid stupid!

Was able to hold it and did exercises for several months. But one night I must have overdone it or mis-aligned the elbow and i weight 97 kilos..

Right elbow is still not good 3/4 of a year afterwards. Doctor dont know what it is. Either blown triceps fibers or something with the elbow joint. Able to do careful straight arm work and really-really careful bent arm. Not cool at all.. Lesson learnt the hard way!Recovery is ever so slow, and I dont know if I'll recover 100%

Do the progressions and play it safe, or you might not get "there".. Ever..

Razz

Thank god even the recreational gymnastics I've done must've prepared my elbows because I would not be the person able to limit myself.. at the moment massage and ice is enough to keep pain away luckily.

Blairbob

I cannot remember if Coach said this during the seminar but words with similar feeling and intention were said.

certaintragedy

Believe me, I had a hell of a time limiting myself. I read a few great posts about guys with elbow pains who didn't take the required rest needed and the injury followed them for months until it finally crippled them for half a year. I am applying this anti inflammatory cream and doing the off and on cold showers on each elbow. It seems to help.