This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Czech form check

Started by Petri Widsten, August 23, 2020 · 7 Replies · 166 Views

Petri Widsten

Czech 1...am I doing them right?

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Petri Widsten said:

Czech 1...am I doing them right?

 

Hi Petri my suggestion is dropping the reps and reaching the chest with the top arm on every rep.

Petri Widsten
7 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Petri my suggestion is dropping the reps and reaching the chest with the top arm on every rep.

Hi Alessandro 

Based on the figure below, can you tell me where my top arm (or it it the hand) should touch my chest? I felt I was pulling through the whole rom.

Screenshot_2020-08-23-18-18-16.png

Alessandro Mainente

Let us say that your hypothenar eminence should touch the chest. trust me...in the long terms you will tell me "thanks".

Petri Widsten

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

I was pulling to this depth today. It seems about right even though there's no actual contact btw. the eminence and chest. What do you think? 

Screenshot_2020-08-29-14-20-43.png

Screenshot_2020-08-29-14-10-48.png

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/29/2020 at 1:34 PM, Petri Widsten said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

I was pulling to this depth today. It seems about right even though there's no actual contact btw. the eminence and chest. What do you think? 

Screenshot_2020-08-29-14-20-43.png

Screenshot_2020-08-29-14-10-48.png

Better, having a higher pull-up means trying to pull back and behind the elbow at the top.

Oussama KHELLADI
On 8/30/2020 at 7:01 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Better, having a higher pull-up means trying to pull back and behind the elbow at the top.

Hey alex,

 i came back to these progressions lately and i compared what you said in this topic to the video of progression in the course the athlete upper grip is not touching his chest ? 

ur input is appreciated 

thanks in advance

 image.png.ff3d5005983e2e459150972a9c841c08.png

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Oussama KHELLADI said:

Hey alex,

 i came back to these progressions lately and i compared what you said in this topic to the video of progression in the course the athlete upper grip is not touching his chest ? 

ur input is appreciated 

thanks in advance

 image.png.ff3d5005983e2e459150972a9c841c08.png

BUT you must, the carryover in the long term is better.