This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Roll Through Alternatives?

Started by Christian Navarrete, August 23, 2020 · 8 Replies · 156 Views

Christian Navarrete

Hello everyone!

I've only been doing the foundation/mobility program for 5 weeks now and progressing steadily. 

As of right now, I only have one question.

How can I scale/substitute the roll through?

I cannot lift myself off the floor to roll forward without twisting my hips.  

Thanks,

Chris

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Christian Navarrete said:

Hello everyone!

I've only been doing the foundation/mobility program for 5 weeks now and progressing steadily. 

As of right now, I only have one question.

How can I scale/substitute the roll through?

I cannot lift myself off the floor to roll forward without twisting my hips.  

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris, i was used in the past to use some mats in the exact points where my butt will be placed on the repetition starts and ends so that i can lift from an easier surface.

Christian Navarrete

Ok, so basically elevate my starting position. Great! I will try this next time. Thanks! :D

James Strack

That's a good idea, I too looked at those rolls and was like that is not happening.  I have been staying in middle split attempt, and rotating forward by walking my hands then backward by walking my hands, counting each repetition that way.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
2 hours ago, James Strack said:

That's a good idea, I too looked at those rolls and was like that is not happening.  I have been staying in middle split attempt, and rotating forward by walking my hands then backward by walking my hands, counting each repetition that way.

Try with yoga blocks, elevate yourself as much as you need

James Strack

@MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ I watched video again.   I think it more learning that technique / movement and because I don't have a 6x6 padded space to smoothly slide is why in my mind have decided I had to modify.  Probably could do it.  Looks mighty painful on concrete though. 

James O'Boyle

I use my couch for these!

Christian Navarrete
On 8/24/2020 at 7:12 AM, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Try with yoga blocks, elevate yourself as much as you need

Thanks for the tip Mario! It's been about a month now and I've had the opportunity to do the workout approximately four times since bringing up this topic. I first attempted with the yoga blocks, but I still couldn't get up! It was still too low... I used my gym bench for the first session. Then I was able to move down to a random box I had that was a bit lower for the second session, and now these last two sessions I've been on a yoga block placed vertically. So, like most things GB - slowly but steadily. The middle split stretch routine in brutal! Lol. 

Thanks again to all that chimed in. 

Duncan Lally

They make it look so easy it's ridiculous! :)