This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Negative Hanging Leg Lift MN/PE6

Started by Marcus Patterson, August 22, 2020 · 4 Replies · 72 Views

Marcus Patterson

Hi all

 

I was hoping for some advice on this progression.

 

The previous progression for me is no problem , but as soon as I try lifting my legs higher  to get toes to bar I get quite intense front delt pain.  Every time!

Which would be the best warm up exercises for the delts to try and avoid this? It is really hindering any advancement on this exercise .

 

thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Marcus Patterson said:

Hi all

 

I was hoping for some advice on this progression.

 

The previous progression for me is no problem , but as soon as I try lifting my legs higher  to get toes to bar I get quite intense front delt pain.  Every time!

Which would be the best warm up exercises for the delts to try and avoid this? It is really hindering any advancement on this exercise .

 

thanks!

Hi Marcus, have you tried to widening the grip or using a supine grip?

how is your situation in the Thoracic bridge course?

Marcus Patterson

Hi Alessandro,

I have tried supine grip and it does help a little but not 100%.

 I had been doing the thoracic bridge series for about 6 months , but just before the lockdown in Spain I injured my wrist and had to stop doing any of it for quite some time.

I have only just started again about two weeks ago. I do find twisting bear, elevated cat and especially inverted cat quite difficult still . The final bridge stretches are also quite difficut and I need to open my hands a lot to be able to get into the bridge stretches.

 

thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Marcus Patterson said:

Hi Alessandro,

I have tried supine grip and it does help a little but not 100%.

 I had been doing the thoracic bridge series for about 6 months , but just before the lockdown in Spain I injured my wrist and had to stop doing any of it for quite some time.

I have only just started again about two weeks ago. I do find twisting bear, elevated cat and especially inverted cat quite difficult still . The final bridge stretches are also quite difficut and I need to open my hands a lot to be able to get into the bridge stretches.

 

thanks!

Try 30'' of inverted cat position from TB series before approach the hanging leg lift and tell me how it feels.

Marcus Patterson

Hi again!

 

Just did these again today and warmed up with some skin the cats, totally changed the exercise.

 

I then did supine and wider grip.Totally changed my life!

I actually skipped straight by the negatives and did toes to bar....which until now had been impossible. Actually did ten sets of 5!

Thanks for the advice, I will try adding that in also.