What do you guys recommend for 2 times a week schedule in terms of intensity? If I am working upper body Mondays and Thursdays, should my intensity be the same on both days? Or should I push harder on Monday and take it easier on Thursday?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Intensity
Started by Affan Osman, August 20, 2020 · 3 Replies · 119 Views
On 8/20/2020 at 3:12 PM, Affan Osman said:What do you guys recommend for 2 times a week schedule in terms of intensity? If I am working upper body Mondays and Thursdays, should my intensity be the same on both days? Or should I push harder on Monday and take it easier on Thursday?
HI Affan, at this stage of your strength development you should not worry about changing and varying the intensity. Beginner can eventually train to muscles failure but technical failure is more appropriate.
So should I train to failure in both days? I think I read on this forum that it is better not to go to complete failure and leave some in the tank.
And what is the difference between muscle failure and technical failure?
22 hours ago, Affan Osman said:So should I train to failure in both days? I think I read on this forum that it is better not to go to complete failure and leave some in the tank.
And what is the difference between muscle failure and technical failure?
Muscles failure means no one more reps possible...muscles are simply dead. Technical failure...i can do more reps because my muscles can....but my technique is going to be poor. A beginner should not train with poor technique.