This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE7 Negative Straddle Body Lever

Started by Dan Moody, August 18, 2020 · 4 Replies · 52 Views

Dan Moody

Hi all, I'm approaching mastery on the hollow body rocks and had a play with the next progression after my session this afternoon. My main concern is that it looks as though my lower back is arching. My core feels tight throughout the movement and I'm trying not to pike the hips. Any feedback or cues would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Dan Moody said:

Hi all, I'm approaching mastery on the hollow body rocks and had a play with the next progression after my session this afternoon. My main concern is that it looks as though my lower back is arching. My core feels tight throughout the movement and I'm trying not to pike the hips. Any feedback or cues would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

 

Hey Dan, can you see that at 28'' the repetition continued with you arching the lower back and reaching with the butt? well...lower back never arch! it reaches the floor first!

Dan Moody

Thanks Alessandro, I thought there was too much arch there but was concentrating on not piking at the hips. I'll try and tighten this up next time I train these and will post a follow up video. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Dan Moody said:

Thanks Alessandro, I thought there was too much arch there but was concentrating on not piking at the hips. I'll try and tighten this up next time I train these and will post a follow up video. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Consider also that if you straddle more than 90° automatically you must arch the lower back...it is physiological.

Dan Moody

Thats a great pointer, I had no idea! I always thought I had a fairly strong hollow body position so was disappointed when I saw these. Next time I try them i'll use a narrower straddle and concentrate on lower back contacting ground first. Thanks for your time Alessandro!