This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Standing Pike

Started by James Strack, August 16, 2020 · 4 Replies · 142 Views

James Strack

This is where I'm at currently. 

 

 

0816201122.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, James Strack said:

This is where I'm at currently. 

 

 

0816201122.jpg

Hey James, i notice that your lower back is rounding...i suspect that there is a lot of work to do on the lower limb.

Timothy Strickland

If still around James. One thing I had to do to keep my lower back from rounding is basically force my Chest and Shoulders back during the bend. You will notice that you won't even get close to touching your toes, but its much safer than what you are doing in the picture.

Jared Meerzo
On 1/23/2021 at 10:52 PM, Timothy Strickland said:

If still around James. One thing I had to do to keep my lower back from rounding is basically force my Chest and Shoulders back during the bend. You will notice that you won't even get close to touching your toes, but its much safer than what you are doing in the picture.

 Could  you please elaborate on what you mean by "safer"?  

Timothy Strickland

Hi Jared.

I meant that by not rounding your back, you probably won't be able to touch your toes in the beginning, which is fine. Rounding your back during a pike can put a lot of stress on your lumbar spine, to avoid that, just keep the back straight while you bend.