This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

B2: Ground rows

Started by Affan Osman, August 8, 2020 · 17 Replies · 179 Views

Affan Osman

Can I please have a form check on rows?

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Pretty good. Try to keep your head in a neutral position instead of ducking your chin. Looking at the ceiling might help. Also, engage your core throughout your set to help keep a tighter body line.

Affan Osman

Do you guys think this exercise becomes more difficult because of the angle I am working at? Seems like I am lifting more body weight compared to the follow along video. 

Alessandro Mainente
54 minutes ago, Affan Osman said:

Do you guys think this exercise becomes more difficult because of the angle I am working at? Seems like I am lifting more body weight compared to the follow along video. 

well, your execution has more shoulder extension in proportion to elbows flexion due to the rings attached above the feet.

Affan Osman

Is that ok, or should I look to find a different setup where rings are attached closer to the upper body? Might have to install something on the ceiling, if the wife allows it :D

James O'Boyle

I've been doing my rows with this set up as well as an intermediate step.  I was under the impression that for mastery of RC PE2 you need to have the straps hanging down in a straight line with your shoulders directly under the support.  Coaches, am I correct or is it okay to have the rings at hip height with the feet under the support?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Is that ok, or should I look to find a different setup where rings are attached closer to the upper body? Might have to install something on the ceiling, if the wife allows it :D

if you can emulate the course setup is better of course.

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

I've been doing my rows with this set up as well as an intermediate step.  I was under the impression that for mastery of RC PE2 you need to have the straps hanging down in a straight line with your shoulders directly under the support.  Coaches, am I correct or is it okay to have the rings at hip height with the feet under the support?

Thanks,

James

The first is correct....sometime everyone needs adfjustment...the actual covid situation makes me invent the most impossible arrangement for my student while they're training at home.

Affan Osman

I have changed my setup and able to do 3x6r at this. Can I move to next step?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

I have changed my setup and able to do 3x6r at this. Can I move to next step?

 

 

Interesting setup and nicely done.

Affan Osman

This is last set of 4x6r

I feel I am struggling to reach top. Any advice?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

This is last set of 4x6r

I feel I am struggling to reach top. Any advice?

 

 

Hey Affan is quite normal, not too much because of the exercise itself but primarily due to your setup that makes the exercise to be biceps dominant with less assistance from the lats.

Affan Osman

Isn't my setup close to how the setup is in the file along video? Or are you saying the band holding my legs is creating extra tension for my biceps?

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Isn't my setup close to how the setup is in the file along video? Or are you saying the band holding my legs is creating extra tension for my biceps?

Nope because the course set up makes the rings to move closer to the sternum while in your case the inclination of the straps makes the pulling tension move to the shoulders...in fact, at the top of each rep you cannot hold the depression of the shoulders causing deactivation of the lats and premature fatigue of the biceps.

Affan Osman

Ah I see. I think in that case I might be on this exercise forever :D. Looking at my setup do you suggest anything else I can do to achieve a similar position as in the course video?

Alessandro Mainente

My last one ide is something like that....i think i have the gene of an inventor. it should be doable because the ring straps make pressure on the cube which is pressed on the stallbar and gives you the additional distance.

sugg aff.png

Affan Osman

That is a creative solution coach! 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

That is a creative solution coach! 

Well sometimes with online coaching i have to be creative with my students...