This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

C3 Plank & IM

Started by Affan Osman, August 4, 2020 · 12 Replies · 112 Views

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Hi, can I get a form check on Plank and IM. Thanks. 

https://youtu.be/jEplsXaZA4M

 

Hi Affan, as for the pseudo planche pushup feet should be together. 

My impression is that there are many many many and many real-time corrections of the posture, hips, position etc. too many. the post cannot be a problem here.  you should reach the position and hold. talking from a different perspective is like holding the car stopped but instead of holding firmly the brake you still hold it less, then more, then a bit less and the car never stays in the same place.

Affan Osman

Thanks for the feedback. I will lower difficulty to 5x12s and work on it.

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Does it look better? I tried to stay still and keep feet close.

 

https://youtu.be/6-GB6F1aqq4

PLank is improved for sure..strive to do IM slowly.

Affan Osman

How does this look? I am able to do 4x48. Can I move to next step?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

How does this look? I am able to do 4x48. Can I move to next step?

 

 

Really nice! really!

Affan Osman

Can i get feedback on the IM?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Can i get feedback on the IM?

 

 

Hey Affan, do it slower!!!!! definitely slower! 4-5 seconds to reach the top position.

Affan Osman

Is this better?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Is this better?

 

 

Hey Affan the speed is not ok, is the time for correcting the symmetry of the movement. notice that sometimes of foot is higher, on some reps one hip is more extended, some reps have one foot more turned out..

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Is this better? Can I move on to next element?

https://youtube.com/shorts/l_GHsGc9MiA?feature=share
 

Hi Affan, from my point of view no. You should work with a mirror or using the front camera of your phone as a mirror and correct the movement.

For now when asymmetrical movement appears we are used to skipping it or moving enough importance to the difference between the 2 sides but if you build up the habit where the asymmetrical positioning of the leg is normal then once you move over supported planche variation you will finish to load more one shoulder than the other and with the time progress with slow down to zero or your get injured.