This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE4 form check

Started by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, August 3, 2020 · 14 Replies · 155 Views

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Here is IM, side view: 

Back view: 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work! I would like to see you slow it down a little bit more.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Is this ok to consider it mastery? 

Pe side: 

Pe front: 

Im side: 

 

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

@Jeffrey Bittner @Alessandro Mainente

Jeffrey Bittner

Good work on the iM. On your PE you are picking up some pike in the hips as well as some rotation in your spine. Engage your glutes to help hit a stronger PPT. As you hold, your shoulders should be at the same elevation. You can see in your front view that your 'free hand' shoulder is elevated higher than your post arm. Instead of grabbing your arm below the elbow, hold it just above your elbow and try to make your forearm parallel with the ground. Doing so will help you to level out your shoulders.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Here is another try:

Front view:

Side view:

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Here is another try:

Front view:

Side view:

 

The protraction is ok...while the line can be improved in fact your hips are too high. keep as a reference the pic below...the red line is your alignment...the red one is the ideal one.

 

mistake.png

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
On 8/25/2020 at 6:05 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

The protraction is ok...while the line can be improved in fact your hips are too high. keep as a reference the pic below...the red line is your alignment...the red one is the ideal one.

 

mistake.png

Is this any better?

 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Is this any better?

 

Better but hips can be lowered more.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Better but hips can be lowered more.

Ill keep trying, but atm I feel I cannot push them more. Got a cramp yesterday on ny right leg because of the pushing. I think my problem may be that my feet tend to twist and that makes my hips higher

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/3/2020 at 12:22 PM, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Ill keep trying, but atm I feel I cannot push them more. Got a cramp yesterday on ny right leg because of the pushing. I think my problem may be that my feet tend to twist and that makes my hips higher

Well..lower hips mean more stretch on the tibialis anterior...and probably cramps in the foot.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
On 9/4/2020 at 5:34 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Well..lower hips mean more stretch on the tibialis anterior...and probably cramps in the foot.

I think I finally got this, I was focusing on stronger and stronger apt, and forgetting about actually moving hips down:

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work, Mario. Your position looks a lot better!

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
1 hour ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice work, Mario. Your position looks a lot better!

Is it ok to move on?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes it is fine.