This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Restore Hips - Prone Y Stretch

Started by Christina Glantschnig, July 31, 2020 · 1 Replies · 81 Views

Christina Glantschnig

Hi all, 

 

I am working on my middle splits and can progress nicely with the Stretch series. However, I tried the Restore Hips Video just for limbering, and realized: I can’t do the Prone Y stretch! 
I can lie prone and pull my legs out to at least 45 degrees, but I can’t turn my feet and knees outward for the life of me! Not even if I keep my legs together can I turn my feet out when I lie on the floor. 
 

How can this be? Is this missing hip external rotation? 
What exercises do you recommend to target this deficiency? 
 

 

thanks! 
Christina 

B5032B46-6E94-40BB-BBFE-3DD41D96E37D.png

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Christina Glantschnig said:

Hi all, 

 

I am working on my middle splits and can progress nicely with the Stretch series. However, I tried the Restore Hips Video just for limbering, and realized: I can’t do the Prone Y stretch! 
I can lie prone and pull my legs out to at least 45 degrees, but I can’t turn my feet and knees outward for the life of me! Not even if I keep my legs together can I turn my feet out when I lie on the floor. 
 

How can this be? Is this missing hip external rotation? 
What exercises do you recommend to target this deficiency? 
 

 

thanks! 
Christina 

B5032B46-6E94-40BB-BBFE-3DD41D96E37D.png

Yes, definitely maybe your internal rotator at the hips is tight. a good scaled option is raising all the upper body may be with some mats.