This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Single Bar Dip

Started by Geonho Lee, July 31, 2020 · 15 Replies · 145 Views

Geonho Lee

I found myself getting my pelvis piked when I'm moving downward and I was wondering If It's okay more or less

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Try to keep your feet directly underneath you just like you would in a regular dip. Also work on keeping your head in a neutral position at the bottom of your reps.

Geonho Lee
2 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Try to keep your feet directly underneath you just like you would in a regular dip. Also work on keeping your head in a neutral position at the bottom of your reps.

If It's really hard for me to do that, should I reduce the range of motion?

Alessandro Mainente

You must think to bend the elbows backward and not to the side, is the only solution to stay vertical.

Geonho Lee
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

You must think to bend the elbows backward and not to the side, is the only solution to stay vertical.

oh... really good advice to me! I got it

Geonho Lee
On 7/31/2020 at 8:48 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

You must think to bend the elbows backward and not to the side, is the only solution to stay vertical.

and @Jeffrey Bittner I've always appreciated your advices.

what do you think about this? Is there any good improvement? 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

You're headed in the right direction. Keep working on getting your elbows back more as you dip down like Alex suggested.

Geonho Lee
On 8/6/2020 at 1:16 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

You're headed in the right direction. Keep working on getting your elbows back more as you dip down like Alex suggested.

@Alessandro Mainente

what do you think about this?

I've tried to move my elbows back, check please!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice improvement, Geonho! Can you also post a video shot directly from the front or back?

Geonho Lee
On 9/18/2020 at 4:43 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice improvement, Geonho! Can you also post a video shot directly from the front or back?

of course! here it is, coach.

thank you for your advice in advance.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks like you are twisting a little bit as you dip down. Your right shoulder tends to drift further forward than your left. Try to use the mirror to make sure your shoulders are completely square.

Geonho Lee
6 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

It looks like you are twisting a little bit as you dip down. Your right shoulder tends to drift further forward than your left. Try to use the mirror to make sure your shoulders are completely square.

umm... I don't think I completely understand you sorry.. you mean, I have to try not to lean forward??

Jeffrey Bittner

Your right shoulder leans further forward than your left shoulder. Make sure that they are in a straight line as you dip down.

Geonho Lee
4 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Your right shoulder leans further forward than your left shoulder. Make sure that they are in a straight line as you dip down.

oh.. I completely understand that this time. ok I'll correct it! thank you so much

Geonho Lee
On 9/23/2020 at 3:18 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Your right shoulder leans further forward than your left shoulder. Make sure that they are in a straight line as you dip down.

what about this...? I've tried to correct it

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Good improvement!