This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front Split Stretch

Started by James O'Boyle, July 29, 2020 · 2 Replies · 74 Views

James O'Boyle

Hi coaches,

I've been using a static front split hold to check my progress on this series (and because it feels really good)--do I need to make any corrections when holding this stretch?  Also, how am I doing?  I feel like my quads are really opening up...

 

Thanks,

James

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks like you're doing a pretty good job, James. My only correction would be to make sure that your back foot is extended straight back from the knee. Be careful not to let it swing to the side as you slide into your split. You can see this happening a little bit in the front view of your split. It is more apparent on your first side.

James O'Boyle

Ah, I see what you mean!  Thanks for pointing that out, I'll work on correcting it.