This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A3 - Pseudo Planche Pushup

Started by Affan Osman, July 29, 2020 · 21 Replies · 261 Views

Affan Osman

Hi, can I have a form check?

 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

A few things to correct on this one:

  • Feet together and toes pointed. You should be on the top of your feet during your push up.
  • Hold posterior pelvic tilt (PPT) during the entire rep
  • Do not let your back arch at the bottom of your reps. Try to keep a straight spine.
  • Bring your arm/hands in closer to your body
  • Increase you lean so that your hands are in line with your belly button
Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Is this better? I am assuming I need more lean? 

 

https://youtu.be/Ude32CzDOwU

Hi Affan unfortunately no. I need to ask you to post the mastery of the previous element because the vast majority of Jeffrey corrections are something that you should grab from the previous element but in the following exercise is still lacking of them.

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Here is previous element. How does it look?

https://youtu.be/zQv54u8J7VI

Hi Affan, from the 15 seconds mark you can see that you are cutting the posture. you begin to push up with upper back leaving first from the floor while the lower and middle part of the upper back reach after...this MUST be fixed.

the posture is held through the movement, it does not change through the movement.

Affan Osman

How does this look?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

You are headed in the right direction, but continue to focus on the points that Alex mentioned earlier. If you pause your video as you begin to push away from the floor you can see that you are picking up some arch in your back. Engaging your core muscles will help you to keep your body in a straight line during your push ups.

Affan Osman

Hi, can I get feedback on pushup. Has the arch improved. I am able to do 5x15. 

 

 

Affan Osman

Can i also get feedback on pseudo Planche. Should I continue to work on lean or can I move to next step?

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Can i also get feedback on pseudo Planche. Should I continue to work on lean or can I move to next step?

 

Hey Affan the common mistake in this video is the reduction in the shoulder work...how it is possible? look to your feet...a common autonomous solution that your body does is using more the anterior tibialis while the instep should be relaxed all the time. 

A lot of people forget to think that pseudo-planche pushup is a combination of pushing up + shoulder flexions (that means resisting all the time the tendency to fall forward). If these 2 things are considered separately then you will tend to use additional muscles like...in this case...the tibialis anterior.

Affan Osman
14 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Hi, can I get feedback on pushup. Has the arch improved. I am able to do 5x15. 

 

 

Thanks, I will work on relaxing the anterior tibialis for pseudo plance.

Can you also give feedback on pushup and IM? I am able to do 5x15. On the IM I am using a 2.5 lb plate.

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Thanks, I will work on relaxing the anterior tibialis for pseudo plance.

Can you also give feedback on pushup and IM? I am able to do 5x15. On the IM I am using a 2.5 lb plate.

Well on puhsup the only correction is holding the shoulders always depressed.

Affan Osman

Should shoulders be neutral in pushup instead of depressed?

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Should shoulders be neutral in pushup instead of depressed?

Shoulders are always depressed, exception is made for the starting position oh handstand variation and pullup starting point.

Affan Osman

Is this better? I still seem to be using tibialis it seems. 

 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Is this better? I still seem to be using tibialis it seems. 

 

Exactly, every time you move lower you move the assistance on the tibialis.

This s one of my students, notice how the instep is never used for reducing the effort.

 

Affan Osman

That's good form! I will try to achieve that. 

Affan Osman

How does this look?

 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

How does this look?

 

Bettern than before...to not elevate the shoulders at the top.

Affan Osman

How's this? Should I work on lean more or continue to next step?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

How's this? Should I work on lean more or continue to next step?

 

 

Perfect..now heels together please.