This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Intro: sequence 1, crab and ape

Started by Lindsay Upson, July 28, 2020 · 1 Replies · 103 Views

Lindsay Upson

When doing the crab, my pelvic area has a hard time staying up. It literally takes all of my energy to hold for 10 to 15 seconds.

When doing the ape, I can't balance or position myself unless my heels are off the ground - and I noticed the model was flat footed.

(I got this program because I have an old, right shoulder injury that didn't heal and has caused weakness throughout my whole body, but predominantly my right side, and I think GB can help me overcome that.)

I've read to follow the fundamentals track and to repeat level one exercises until able to complete the challenges - and I will do that.

1- What suggestions do you have for me in regards to my form? (See attached photos)

2- What suggestions do you have of things I could do to help with my progress? 

Thank you. 

(Photo 1- attempting ape pose with heels off ground)

(Photo 2 - attempting a flat footed ape pose)

(Photo 3 - attempting crab pass)

Screenshot_20200728-001115.jpg

Screenshot_20200728-001147.jpg

Screenshot_20200728-000936.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
Lindsay Upson said:
2 hours ago, Lindsay Upson said:

When doing the crab, my pelvic area has a hard time staying up. It literally takes all of my energy to hold for 10 to 15 seconds.

When doing the ape, I can't balance or position myself unless my heels are off the ground - and I noticed the model was flat footed.

(I got this program because I have an old, right shoulder injury that didn't heal and has caused weakness throughout my whole body, but predominantly my right side, and I think GB can help me overcome that.)

I've read to follow the fundamentals track and to repeat level one exercises until able to complete the challenges - and I will do that.

1- What suggestions do you have for me in regards to my form? (See attached photos)

2- What suggestions do you have of things I could do to help with my progress? 

Thank you. 

(Photo 1- attempting ape pose with heels off ground)

(Photo 2 - attempting a flat footed ape pose)

(Photo 3 - attempting crab pass)

Screenshot_20200728-001115.jpg

Screenshot_20200728-001147.jpg

Screenshot_20200728-000936.jpg

Hi LIndsay, welcome to GB. what about your ape? the ability to hold the heels on the ground without leaning back too much is primary due to posterior chain tightness but specifically tight Achilles tendon. i still prefer to raise a bit the heels if necessary. i noticed also some asymmetrical positioning of the hips when you are with heels down..can you confirm that by trying it again?