This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Questions regarding 1) using the programs and 2) programming

Started by Christina Glantschnig, July 27, 2020 · 3 Replies · 191 Views

Christina Glantschnig

Hi all, 

 

I'm a 30 year old female and have been doing mostly traditional taekwondo from ages 19-23, weight lifting from 23-27, and traditional taekwondo with some interspersed weight lifting from 27 on. 
I was shocked when I restarted taekwondo at 27 how bad my mobility had become from all the weight lifting. :D I thought I'd undone most of the damage and now joined GB to really double down on my front and side splits (especially side splits!). So I've started the Stretch series. The middle and side split videos are just what I needed!!!

Just to make it complete, I did the thoracic stretch video as well and I was HORRIFIED. With the bridge positions, I can't even get into the starting positions to start the stretch. My upper body feels like a board. My shoulders are better than before I restarted taekwondo, but still bad, apparently. 

 

So 2 questions:

1) How do you recommend working on this issue so that I can even do all the exercises in the thoracic bridge stretch video? I was thinking of maybe working with the Handstand 1 program?

2) If I wanna do the Handstand 1 program - how does the interface work? I've watched the intro videos but I still don't understand: Should I do all the exercises from top to bottom, from warm up through beginner to intermediate, or just either warmup + beginner, or warmup + intermediate? Screenshot is attached to show you which interface I mean :)

 

Thanks a lot!

 

Cheers, 

Christina

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 12.27.23.png

Alessandro Mainente
33 minutes ago, Christina Glantschnig said:

Hi all, 

 

I'm a 30 year old female and have been doing mostly traditional taekwondo from ages 19-23, weight lifting from 23-27, and traditional taekwondo with some interspersed weight lifting from 27 on. 
I was shocked when I restarted taekwondo at 27 how bad my mobility had become from all the weight lifting. :D I thought I'd undone most of the damage and now joined GB to really double down on my front and side splits (especially side splits!). So I've started the Stretch series. The middle and side split videos are just what I needed!!!

Just to make it complete, I did the thoracic stretch video as well and I was HORRIFIED. With the bridge positions, I can't even get into the starting positions to start the stretch. My upper body feels like a board. My shoulders are better than before I restarted taekwondo, but still bad, apparently. 

 

So 2 questions:

1) How do you recommend working on this issue so that I can even do all the exercises in the thoracic bridge stretch video? I was thinking of maybe working with the Handstand 1 program?

2) If I wanna do the Handstand 1 program - how does the interface work? I've watched the intro videos but I still don't understand: Should I do all the exercises from top to bottom, from warm up through beginner to intermediate, or just either warmup + beginner, or warmup + intermediate? Screenshot is attached to show you which interface I mean :)

 

Thanks a lot!

 

Cheers, 

Christina

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 12.27.23.png

Hi Christina, 

well if you are a beginner, for sure only the beginner segment and remember to log it. so that the course algorithm will advance you automatically.

If you have the full access i'll consider to use also other courses that you can find in the the "class finder" and add them to your schedule like for example the "restore series", also the thoracic bridge course has some "scaled variations" that you can consider to use in order to adjust difficulties.

Christina Glantschnig

Hi Alessandro, 

 

thank you for your quick response! I see, so I should proceed on that screen shown in the screenshot from warm-up to beginner, and then stop, correct? It was just confusing to me because the intermediate part is not hidden. I had assumed that it would only show up once I have progressed enough in the beginner program. But it is there right from the start :D

 

Regarding the thoracic bridge course, do you mean the thoracic bridge video from the stretch series? If not, could you please post the link to the course you are refering to?

In the thoracic bridge video of the stretch series, I do not see any scaled variations... 

 

Thanks

Christina 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Christina Glantschnig said:

Hi Alessandro, 

 

thank you for your quick response! I see, so I should proceed on that screen shown in the screenshot from warm-up to beginner, and then stop, correct? It was just confusing to me because the intermediate part is not hidden. I had assumed that it would only show up once I have progressed enough in the beginner program. But it is there right from the start :D

 

Regarding the thoracic bridge course, do you mean the thoracic bridge video from the stretch series? If not, could you please post the link to the course you are refering to?

In the thoracic bridge video of the stretch series, I do not see any scaled variations... 

 

Thanks

Christina 

Hey Christina, you need to:

- access the course library from the top right corner of the page (the dumbell icon);

-select course library;

-select stretch series;

-select TB course;

-click the second icon to the right;

-the full list of the exercise with a tip/scaled variation will appear. 

-in case of limitation also in the scaled variation, we can work together in order to solve the problem.