This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Advanced Frog Stand + iM

Started by Geonho Lee, July 27, 2020 · 24 Replies · 278 Views

Geonho Lee

1.

and

 

 

 

when I do the frog, Is it okay to make the hands a little bit more outward, I mean  the thumbs forward like I did it in iM

 

and please give me some advice! thank you so much

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

1.

and

 

 

 

when I do the frog, Is it okay to make the hands a little bit more outward, I mean  the thumbs forward like I did it in iM

 

and please give me some advice! thank you so much

Hey Geonho, on the Pe lower a bit more your hips while in the IM if you can reduce the arch in the lower back is better.

Geonho Lee
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Geonho, on the Pe lower a bit more your hips while in the IM if you can reduce the arch in the lower back is better.

Ok and what do you think about the hand position when I do PE. thumb forward or forefinger forward, which is better?

Alessandro Mainente

Well, it depends on your wrists, i'm used to adjusting in the function of it from the beginning so that adaptation occurs specifically.

Geonho Lee
On 7/28/2020 at 4:34 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Well, it depends on your wrists, i'm used to adjusting in the function of it from the beginning so that adaptation occurs specifically.

what about this?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Much better...especially the PE.

Geonho Lee
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Much better...especially the PE.

thank you! and Should I more reduce the arch in the lower back in iM?

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

thank you! and Should I more reduce the arch in the lower back in iM?

if possible......this means yes my friend!

Geonho Lee
On 8/2/2020 at 3:41 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

if possible......this means yes my friend!

Hi! alex!

I was just wondering how I can count reps when I perform iM. If we look at my last video, could it be 2 reps totally?

 

Alessandro Mainente

ONe rep total is done with one rep on each side. if not, with 5 reps for mastery, you are going to do 3 reps on one side and 2 on the other.

Geonho Lee
On 8/2/2020 at 3:41 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

if possible......this means yes my friend!

umm... what about this? I've tried to correct it.

 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

umm... what about this? I've tried to correct it.

 

Nicely done. My suggestion is to decrease a bit the straddle...because if you increase the straddle position you cannot hold the posterior pelvic tilt.

Geonho Lee
11 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Nicely done. My suggestion is to decrease a bit the straddle...because if you increase the straddle position you cannot hold the posterior pelvic tilt.

oh.. Ok thanks coach!

Geonho Lee
On 9/28/2020 at 9:37 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Nicely done. My suggestion is to decrease a bit the straddle...because if you increase the straddle position you cannot hold the posterior pelvic tilt.

what about this, coach?

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

what about this, coach?

 

There is a bit of piking at the hips... the resting position should be a half straddle with extended hips.

Geonho Lee
16 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

There is a bit of piking at the hips... the resting position should be a half straddle with extended hips.

Does this look Ok?

 I've always appreciated you advice!

Jeffrey Bittner

You're headed in the right direction, however, your hips are still piked. Keep working on it!

Geonho Lee
19 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

You're headed in the right direction, however, your hips are still piked. Keep working on it!

I keep asking you to check my form and I'm sorry about that.

what do you think about this, coach?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

No problem at all, Geonho. That's why we're here! The position you hit at 7 seconds looks much better in the hips, but it looks like you are externally rotating your leg causing your feet to drop toward the inside. Try to keep your feet pointed directly towards the ceiling.

Geonho Lee
On 10/15/2020 at 12:30 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

No problem at all, Geonho. That's why we're here! The position you hit at 7 seconds looks much better in the hips, but it looks like you are externally rotating your leg causing your feet to drop toward the inside. Try to keep your feet pointed directly towards the ceiling.

oh.. actually you're right. I haven't even realized that that like habit would be the problem. I've rotated my legs so I can keep the straddle position.

so I got you. I really appreciate your advice

Geonho Lee
On 10/15/2020 at 12:30 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

No problem at all, Geonho. That's why we're here! The position you hit at 7 seconds looks much better in the hips, but it looks like you are externally rotating your leg causing your feet to drop toward the inside. Try to keep your feet pointed directly towards the ceiling.

what about this? I feel like it got more difficult.. It is normal?

 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice improvement. Can you also post a video taken from the front or back?

Geonho Lee
5 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice improvement. Can you also post a video taken from the front or back?

Sure! but It'll takes time because I'm going to work out in two days

Geonho Lee
On 10/20/2020 at 3:24 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice improvement. Can you also post a video taken from the front or back?

It was pretty hard for me to perform it even 3reps for a set.. I'd actually done it almost 5reps haha... anyway, check please coach! Was I doing it right??

 

 

 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice improvement, Geonho. As you get tired you start to point your feet toward the inside of your straddle (external hip rotation). Keep working on pointing your feet toward the ceiling as you open the hips.