Floor Mat

Started by Adam Wolfe, July 26, 2020 · 5 Replies · 2,865 Views

Adam Wolfe

Can someone please recommend a good workout floor mat?  I’m currently using a yoga mat, which is fine for some exercises but not nearly thick enough for others.  Thanks. 

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Adam Wolfe said:

Can someone please recommend a good workout floor mat?  I’m currently using a yoga mat, which is fine for some exercises but not nearly thick enough for others.  Thanks. 

HI Adam, for what exercises are you searching a mat?

Adam Wolfe
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Adam, for what exercises are you searching a mat?

For foundation upper and lower body.  

Alessandro Mainente

Probably you need some tatami that is usually used for the martial arts (like Brazilian jujitsu).

Alfred Matthew Kendall

I was just about to start a new thread on this subject as well. Like Mr Wolfe I too am looking to purchase a training mat for the same level 1 courses. There's a bunch on line but a lot look iffy. Was looking for a recommendation from experienced users on the forum too. My little back mat/pad for sit ups isn't cutting it. Too short. The lower body, middle split, etc sessions where splits training is involved the pad I have is too short. Be nice to have one that folds up for storage. Any recommendations guys?  Thank you in advance

Craig Manning

Yes I'm looking for a quality folding gymnastics matt with some thickness to it.