This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand Wall Run feedback

Started by George Traganidas 235308, July 24, 2020 · 21 Replies · 179 Views

George Traganidas 235308

@Alessandro Mainente Can you please provide me with some feedback on the form?

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

@Alessandro Mainente Can you please provide me with some feedback on the form?

Thanks

Hi George, my browser does not share a preview. can you please upload it on youtube? Sorry but i cannot download "non verified" material on my computer.

George Traganidas 235308

Here is the youtube link

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

Here is the youtube link

Thanks

Hi George, while the hips work is ok there are 2 points:

1- lock your elbows out always;

2-the shoulder where you are stacking your weight should be always elevated and centered under the corresponding shoulder.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks for the feedback. I will work on this and record another video.

George Traganidas 235308

Can you please provide me with some feedback? I cannot stop my lower body from moving around and my feet from moving as well. Any tips?

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Before lifting your hands off the ground, make sure that you are hitting the solid handstand shape you practiced on your static hold. Push tall through the shoulders, engage your core muscles, squeeze your glutes, then once everything is set you can move your hands. Keep in mind that we are building on the previous work that you have done, not changing it.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks for reminding me Jeff. I was focused on the next step and I did not pay much attention to maintaining what I had built so far. I will go back and slow down my movement and make sure that my foundation is solid before I start to lift the arms.

George

George Traganidas 235308

I have taken another video and this time I have tried to focus no my form. I am shifting the weight from left to right and not lifting my hand yet just to make sure that my body alignment and from is correct. Can you please give me some feedback?

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice adjustment. Remember to push tall through the shoulders during your handstand.

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

I have taken another video and this time I have tried to focus no my form. I am shifting the weight from left to right and not lifting my hand yet just to make sure that my body alignment and from is correct. Can you please give me some feedback?

 

 

For a correct lean technique that is necessary for long terms goals...Your hips tilt to the side....the weight stays centered over the hand and the same-side shoulder is stacked over the same-side hand.

George Traganidas 235308

Is this any better?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 minutes ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

Is this any better?

 

 

Hey George, you got the sense of my correctio.  still prefer hands closer one to the other. 

George Traganidas 235308
On 11/16/2020 at 8:27 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey George, you got the sense of my correctio.  still prefer hands closer one to the other. 

Thanks. I will work on that.

George Traganidas 235308

How does this look? Can you provide me with some feedback please?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Remember to always start your set with a good handstand. Don't forget to push tall through your shoulders while engaging your core, glutes, and legs to help keep a straight body line.

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

How does this look? Can you provide me with some feedback please?

 

Hey George, generally speaking, is ok BUT i prefer to see hands closers one to the other and a bit more of shoulder elevation when you reach the one arm support.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks guys. I will try to start with a better handstand and keep arms closer and elevate the shoulders more.

George Traganidas 235308

Can you please provide me with some feedback?

 

Alessandro Mainente
12 minutes ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

Can you please provide me with some feedback?

 

NIcely done....

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks