This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE9

Started by James O'Boyle, July 20, 2020 · 10 Replies · 80 Views

James O'Boyle

Hi coaches,

Here is my first attempt at SLS PE9.  How does it look?

Thanks,

James

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work, James!

James O'Boyle

Awesome, thanks!

James O'Boyle

@Jeffrey Bittner  Hi Jeffrey!  I'm getting to the end of this progression.  How does it look?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Jeffrey Bittner  Hi Jeffrey!  I'm getting to the end of this progression.  How does it look?

Thanks,

James

Hi James i suggest you to increase the rom down to parallel so:

-if the limitation is the folded leg then you need more hips mobility;

-if the limitation is the supporting leg ankle then you need to use a counter weight.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Got it, thanks!  It doesn't feel like a mobility issue, I'll try to go deeper in my next session and post another video.  I'll try a counterweight if I can't go deeper.  

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro!  I decreased the reps to focus on range of motion here.  Is this the correct ROM?

Thanks,

James

Reilly Herbst

Hey James, I'm so jealous of your hip mobility. Nice job!

James O'Boyle

@Reilly Herbst  Thanks, man!  I was doing the piriformis stretch from the hip restore series pretty much daily for quite a while--it really helped open things up.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro!  I decreased the reps to focus on range of motion here.  Is this the correct ROM?

 

Thanks,

James



Alessandro Mainente

You got a general idea. before build up rom and then increase the intensity.