This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seated Shoulder extensions

Started by James Strack, July 18, 2020 · 5 Replies · 95 Views

James Strack

I can get my hands touching and extend a foot back behind me but my palms wont go flat.  Just fingers touching on side is there a mobility issue where I need to work my wrists or is that normal and keep concentrating on extending more?

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, James Strack said:

I can get my hands touching and extend a foot back behind me but my palms wont go flat.  Just fingers touching on side is there a mobility issue where I need to work my wrists or is that normal and keep concentrating on extending more?

HI James, can you post a video of your execution, please? especially back view.

James Strack

Ok so actually doing the video I notice my elbows aren't fully extended and won't fully extend if I try to touch hands.

The coach emphasized touching hands in the video so guess I concentrated on that and not the stretch?

So does that mean I have bicept mobility issues?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, James Strack said:

Ok so actually doing the video I notice my elbows aren't fully extended and won't fully extend if I try to touch hands.

The coach emphasized touching hands in the video so guess I concentrated on that and not the stretch?

So does that mean I have bicept mobility issues?

 

 

Hey James, since the exercise should be done with straight elbow you MUST widen the elbows at the point where:

-you can lock out tour elbows;

-retract the shoulder blades;

-depress the shoulder.

With the time position will be more comfortable.

James Strack

0822201217.jpg

Black suit on black mat not ideal for form checks I guess. 

 

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, James Strack said:

0822201217.jpg

Black suit on black mat not ideal for form checks I guess. 

 

It will take time...in order to ensure the correct symmetrical work you can grab the extremity of the black mat on the floor.