This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Training Observation

Started by James Strack, July 18, 2020 · 4 Replies · 115 Views

James Strack

Good Morning,

Moderators move this if not appropriate I wasn't sure if there is a spot for this but I'm in foundation one so figured here.

I'm going on 2 months in foundation training love it!   I do keto diet and in the past I got 168 pounds but had massive stress event that lasted over 6 months and shot me to 204 pounds.

Today I weighed in 196 pounds and what strikes me odd is my love handles or tire around midsection seems to be disappearing.   When I was 168 before I still had that tire around the waist.  

I was always told by trainers at the gym don't work abs until you lose the weight because it will increase the muscle mass under the fat and just make your stomach stick out farther.

Something with the coaches program is poking that theory in the eye.   

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
18 hours ago, James Strack said:

Good Morning,

Moderators move this if not appropriate I wasn't sure if there is a spot for this but I'm in foundation one so figured here.

I'm going on 2 months in foundation training love it!   I do keto diet and in the past I got 168 pounds but had massive stress event that lasted over 6 months and shot me to 204 pounds.

Today I weighed in 196 pounds and what strikes me odd is my love handles or tire around midsection seems to be disappearing.   When I was 168 before I still had that tire around the waist.  

I was always told by trainers at the gym don't work abs until you lose the weight because it will increase the muscle mass under the fat and just make your stomach stick out farther.

Something with the coaches program is poking that theory in the eye.   

Im not an expert nor a coach, but that theory seems to make no sense. Fat is distributed all over the body, following that theory you could neither train legs, nor upper body, because you would have "more muscle under the fat"

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, James Strack said:

Good Morning,

Moderators move this if not appropriate I wasn't sure if there is a spot for this but I'm in foundation one so figured here.

I'm going on 2 months in foundation training love it!   I do keto diet and in the past I got 168 pounds but had massive stress event that lasted over 6 months and shot me to 204 pounds.

Today I weighed in 196 pounds and what strikes me odd is my love handles or tire around midsection seems to be disappearing.   When I was 168 before I still had that tire around the waist.  

I was always told by trainers at the gym don't work abs until you lose the weight because it will increase the muscle mass under the fat and just make your stomach stick out farther.

Something with the coaches program is poking that theory in the eye.   

It is exactly the opposite. if you have more fat under the abs you should train them more because you can increase the micro-circulation and let the fat being burned a bit more in the abs zone. pay attention that is ha nothing to do with the local slimming that is not scientifically demonstrated.

James Strack

Down to 190 pounds today.  Actually am finding my desire to perform more in GST, having me reach for a glass of ice water when I get home from work, instead of a snack before I work out.  Also, ordered a neoprene shirt/pants it's supposed to make you sweat 3 times more.  LoL.   Water weight may not make too much difference, but thought I would give it a try, besides you look like a super hero in one of those outfits. 

Affan Osman
1 hour ago, James Strack said:

Down to 190 pounds today.  Actually am finding my desire to perform more in GST, having me reach for a glass of ice water when I get home from work, instead of a snack before I work out.  Also, ordered a neoprene shirt/pants it's supposed to make you sweat 3 times more.  LoL.   Water weight may not make too much difference, but thought I would give it a try, besides you look like a super hero in one of those outfits. 

Hey any motivation is good motivation :D