Xtreme Rings: Lower Fingers & Upper Palms burn. Solutions?

Started by ASForum, May 28, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,465 Views

ASForum

Xtreme Rings: Lower Fingers & Upper Palms burn. Solutions?

Especially the Xtreme rings texture by itself causes this burn / pain to make me stop my hangs (statics) / pulls (rows). Especially more in the hangs.

I know some people are using chalk powder.

Anyone else using another alternative? Something else as a layer to make it easier to grip?

Please let me know some simple suggestions. One thing I've used before for pullups / weights was cut up bicycle tube (separate inside tyre).

Cole Dano

You could try to smooth the texture down a bit with a medium-high grit sandpaper.

Blairbob

Would you currently describe your hands as soft?

More than likely it's just your hands haven't adapted to ring training yet.

ASForum
Blairbob said:
Would you currently describe your hands as soft?

More than likely it's just your hands haven't adapted to ring training yet.

I guess they are except for the Calluses on my palms just near fingers - courtesy pullups & related exercises.

Lets see. I might try something for grip for a few days.