This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Upper Body Form Check pls

Started by James Strack, July 11, 2020 · 3 Replies · 64 Views

James Strack

Any tips, I know I forgot to reverse palm grip on my xiaopen going backwards.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, James Strack said:

Any tips, I know I forgot to reverse palm grip on my xiaopen going backwards.

 

 

HI James, well a very nice point is that the movement is symmetrical from the front view. now i'll divide the adjustment between upper and lower:

upper: 

-notice that from the front view you tend to finish every rep with bent elbows. strive to lock them out every rep;

-from the side view appears an uncomplete top position where basically you need more protraction. every rep ends with the body completely pushed off from the floor. if you can see the edges of the scapulae than there is not enough protraction.

 

lower:

-you need to improve the hips extension, how you can make it? well, you should reach the floor with hips and chest every rep. if you cannot feel the hips touching the floor than the hips are not extended.

James Strack

Thanks I'll work on that!

James Strack

Wow, concentrating on protraction for push ups and planks I had to go back a step on both exercises.  Could be just me but with full protraction pushups are almost twice as hard.  I was flabbergasted the second set had me struggling to get 9 repetitions!

 

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente