This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progressing Fundamentals

Started by Mr Gavin D Fowler, July 9, 2020 · 9 Replies · 163 Views

Mr Gavin D Fowler

Hi,

I have recently been given the all clear from my physio to continue my exercise program. I am rehabbing my lower back, but it seems to be more a strength imbalance issue rather than serious tissue damage, so as per my physio advice I’m combining physio exercises with the intro program. I have already completed this program, but am starting from scratch. I have decided to take it slowly and repeat weeks until I feel I have got the body positions and movements under control. The only trouble is determining when that is. I’m on my third week of the first segment and though I have made improvement in the elements, I am not confident about when to move forward. The follow along videos are short and fast moving (Particularly if you need to scale some exercises). Would you advise practicing in my own time to really focus on kinaesthetic awareness? Also, could you give any advice about when to move to the next segment?

I definitely need to work on hip, hamstring and quad flexibility as well as thoracic mobility.

Best,

Gavin

Mr Gavin D Fowler

Should I be using the video lessons as starting points to build my own workouts or simply following them day by day as my daily workout? 

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Mr Gavin D Fowler said:

Should I be using the video lessons as starting points to build my own workouts or simply following them day by day as my daily workout? 

Yes, you have. my suggestion si posting here the form of the single exercises so that we can give you suggestions. especially if you match the standard. 

Mr Gavin D Fowler

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for that. Any feedback would be great! Here are my Crab and Ape:

 

Best,

Gavin

Mr Gavin D Fowler

Here is my back support:

IMG_1155.jpg

Mr Gavin D Fowler

Here is my front support:

 

IMG_1151.jpg

Mr Gavin D Fowler

Here is my pike position:

IMG_1156.jpg

Mr Gavin D Fowler

Here is my straddle position:

 

IMG_1158.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Mr Gavin D Fowler said:

Here is my straddle position:

 

IMG_1158.jpg

Personally i think that you are a bit over and better compared to many many clients of me who started from the beginning. you can move from lesson to lesson without an excessive gap in the execution you will be ready to progress over more structured work like foundations.

Mr Gavin D Fowler

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for that, I’ll continue to work my way through fundamentals, while my back gets stronger and progress to Foundation. Thanks for the advice!

Best,

Gavin