This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder Mobility in connection to muscle mass and manna

Started by Arthur Sebastian, June 28, 2020 · 1 Replies · 45 Views

Arthur Sebastian

I was wondering how much of a decline in shoulder mobility due to added muscle mass can be acceptable for a gymnast attempting  to be competitive on the rings. I used to be able to do this dislocate much easier when I was younger but during the time that i was away from gymnastics and had trained it less often I think I have lost some mobility. I’m not entirely sure if I can only blame it on my increased muscle mass but now when I try to do it I usually feel the stretch in my elbows.
 

The other thing being that I’m very bad at the mobility exercises related to manna that involves extension of shoulders with a plate. I just don’t understand how can they be so difficult for me!! What weight should I start with? The previous progressions in manna mobility are very easy for me on the other hand.   

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/29/2020 at 1:37 AM, Arthur Sebastian said:

I was wondering how much of a decline in shoulder mobility due to added muscle mass can be acceptable for a gymnast attempting  to be competitive on the rings. I used to be able to do this dislocate much easier when I was younger but during the time that i was away from gymnastics and had trained it less often I think I have lost some mobility. I’m not entirely sure if I can only blame it on my increased muscle mass but now when I try to do it I usually feel the stretch in my elbows.
 

The other thing being that I’m very bad at the mobility exercises related to manna that involves extension of shoulders with a plate. I just don’t understand how can they be so difficult for me!! What weight should I start with? The previous progressions in manna mobility are very easy for me on the other hand.   

 

 

HI Arthur, when i was practicing swings i was ablet o do a dislocate with approximately with shoulder width grip with almost 20 kg bar.

in your case notice that the main problem is the asymmetric range of motion between left and right. in the case of giant probably this will lead to major stress in the side with the deficit.