This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Ring HS Press Form Check

Started by Arthur Sebastian, June 28, 2020 · 1 Replies · 108 Views

Arthur Sebastian

I’d like to get some tips for improvement. I tried to get back to this skill again directly with straight arms which I seem to have been to some level successful (the slight bent in this attempt was because I was tired). I know it requires so much work to get to the perfection. Do i need my hands to be turned out as much as in the ring support position? Is there anything specific limited to the HS itself that i should actively train on to get the giants right when I’m training on them? I do seem to  get very slow & sluggish at the near ending of straightening my body I wonder if it’s only my fear of falling from the other side. 
Also I’d be very happy to know how I can build a well prepared body for training the inverted cross, @Coach Sommer and how I should approach it safely and effectively. 

 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Arthur Sebastian said:

I’d like to get some tips for improvement. I tried to get back to this skill again directly with straight arms which I seem to have been to some level successful (the slight bent in this attempt was because I was tired). I know it requires so much work to get to the perfection. Do i need my hands to be turned out as much as in the ring support position? Is there anything specific limited to the HS itself that i should actively train on to get the giants right when I’m training on them? I do seem to  get very slow & sluggish at the near ending of straightening my body I wonder if it’s only my fear of falling from the other side. 
Also I’d be very happy to know how I can build a well prepared body for training the inverted cross, @Coach Sommer and how I should approach it safely and effectively. 

 

HI Arthur, the first thing is fixing handstand:

-locked elbows;

-body alignment;

-rings turned out.