This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic Bridge issue

Started by James Strack, June 28, 2020 · 1 Replies · 67 Views

James Strack

Good Morning,

I am wondering if this is strength issue or mobility.

I can lift my body up for bridge with hands behind shoulders with feet on ground but when feet are up on stall bar for that exercise I can't lift off ground.  Push upwards denied!  

 

 

 

0628201112a.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
James Strack said:
15 hours ago, James Strack said:

Good Morning,

I am wondering if this is strength issue or mobility.

I can lift my body up for bridge with hands behind shoulders with feet on ground but when feet are up on stall bar for that exercise I can't lift off ground.  Push upwards denied!  

 

 

 

0628201112a.jpg

HI James is a combination of both:

-mobility affects strength on a specific range of motion;

-strength limits the mobility element.

when you work at the stall bar you can first push into the headstand bridge position then using a wider grip and puhsup into the full-bridge then reduce the hands distance and walk up into the desired pole.