This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hs shoulder flexion press

Started by Reilly Herbst, June 27, 2020 · 15 Replies · 148 Views

Reilly Herbst

 

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks good. Can you also post a front view?

Reilly Herbst

Yes I will.

Reilly Herbst

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

 

Hey Reilly, notice that when you move closer to the wall you lean more on the left arm. try to stay centered.

Reilly Herbst

 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

 

Hey Reilly, please notice that at 16 seconds the position is not symmetrical, do you have anyone who can correct you? Also, i have noticed that your left scapulae move outer better than the right. have you ever done asymmetrical action or work or sport in the past years?

Reilly Herbst

Yes I have done asymmetrical work. I'm a hockey goalie, I hold a stick in my right hand and my left and right hand have different positions. i hold my weight in my right hand when I'm playing hockey.

Reilly Herbst

how should I correct this?

Alessandro Mainente

Probably all your right side is tighter, lats, chest, rotator cuff, scapulae adductors....i cannot say anything more, unfortunately. you should for sure stretch them more than the left side so that you can create the prereq for correction. but later you MUST focus on correcting the handstand itself. actually, when you hold the handstand you are feeling the same contraction from left to right...so for your brain the situation is symmetrical...but in reality, this is not. it means that it must feel more elevation and more shoulder flexion work on the right side in order to reach the real normal position.

Reilly Herbst

I understand, I’ll video every upper body and handstand work I do, and make sure everything is symmetrical. Thank you so much for your input Alessandro!

Reilly Herbst

 

Reilly Herbst

I was really trying to elevate with my right shoulder more than my left.

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

I was really trying to elevate with my right shoulder more than my left.

Awesome work....now stay on that and always films every sets..when one day...maybe 3-4 week from now...you'll try to elevate the shoulders with the same intensity and you can see the same elevations then the gap s fixed.

Reilly Herbst

I was playing around with freestanding HS and I was really working on keeping my shoulders symmetrical, I was wondering if you see anything?

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

I was playing around with freestanding HS and I was really working on keeping my shoulders symmetrical, I was wondering if you see anything?

Now the more you correct the front view also check the side view....sometimes gaps move to the side.