This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

German Hang Pulls

Started by James Strack, June 26, 2020 · 1 Replies · 131 Views

James Strack

Good Morning,

I was completing the Single Bar Mobility before upper body workout yesterday and since I don't have a bar, I just used my rings and stall bar.  The stall bar is not able to do the one arm hangs or the german hang so I used the rings.  What I am wondering is...  Does using the rings somehow increase the difficulty for German Hang Pulls where I might get injured?

I noticed when I was doing upper body after, that my shoulders are making popping/cracking sounds now on the Xiaopeng Forward mobility where they didn't do that last week?

I just don't want to be doing something that gets me injured in a pre-workout that is supposed to be warming up the shoulders.

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/26/2020 at 2:39 PM, James Strack said:

Good Morning,

I was completing the Single Bar Mobility before upper body workout yesterday and since I don't have a bar, I just used my rings and stall bar.  The stall bar is not able to do the one arm hangs or the german hang so I used the rings.  What I am wondering is...  Does using the rings somehow increase the difficulty for German Hang Pulls where I might get injured?

I noticed when I was doing upper body after, that my shoulders are making popping/cracking sounds now on the Xiaopeng Forward mobility where they didn't do that last week?

I just don't want to be doing something that gets me injured in a pre-workout that is supposed to be warming up the shoulders.

 

Hi james, if you are at the beginning of your journey you should skip the german hang and substitute it with an easier shoulder extension stretch on the floor.