This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder mobility

Started by Richard Barnes, June 26, 2020 · 1 Replies · 58 Views

Richard Barnes

Hey all,

I feel like I've gained a lot of shoulder mobility over the past few weeks since I've started. However, the increased mobility is having a horrible effect on my row strength. I'm assuming I should work through the increased full range of motion, but it seems like this will put my rows way out of whack with my pushup strength. Is this correct, that the different movements are way out of alignment with each other? or should I hold back on my pushups until my row strength catches up?

As it stands now I'll finish the first progression of pushups next week, while I'm going to drop down one or maybe 2 levels on my rows before the strength catches up to the increased mobility.

Loving how good my shoulders feel, though!

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Richard Barnes said:

Hey all,

I feel like I've gained a lot of shoulder mobility over the past few weeks since I've started. However, the increased mobility is having a horrible effect on my row strength. I'm assuming I should work through the increased full range of motion, but it seems like this will put my rows way out of whack with my pushup strength. Is this correct, that the different movements are way out of alignment with each other? or should I hold back on my pushups until my row strength catches up?

As it stands now I'll finish the first progression of pushups next week, while I'm going to drop down one or maybe 2 levels on my rows before the strength catches up to the increased mobility.

Loving how good my shoulders feel, though!

HI Richard there is nothing wrong with having a different amounts of strength on different skills. think that i have one my client who has only one handstand pushup and 3 one arm pullup for each arm....it is fine...probably there are average people who tend to be strong equally but not soo strong...and other who are stronger on one field like pulling or pushing.