Video of Manu N'Toh breaking opponent's hip

Started by Joshua Naterman, May 27, 2010 · 6 Replies · 2,926 Views

Joshua Naterman

_T6plOx572U

This is my Kru(master in Muay Thai) fighting in Thailand in the '90's. This is a very good fight, the one I was talking about. The break is at the very end.

Felipe

Powerful and fast, quite good punching.

Do you think gymnastics legs training is more compatible with muay thai than weightlifting?

Trying doing a flare remember me throwing a powerful kick, and I have greater control thanks to straddle leg.

Joshua Naterman

SLS is useful, so is GHR/NLC.

None of those can replace full ROM front and back squats, those are keystone exercises. Deadlifts are much less important, but some thick bar work is great.

Stall bar(swedish ladder) HLL is by far the most important ab exercise, because that is the exact chain you will be using for your kicks.

HSPU progressions, Incline Bench, ring dip progressions, thick bar rows, FL and pull up work, power cleans, hip thrusts, and LOTS of scapular strength work, shrugs of all types.

Those would be my main focuses for general Muay Thai strength work.

Manu has pretty good hands, he started off his striking by learning boxing and Kung Fu. Manu's first fight in Thailand was against the #2 ranked guy in Lumpini stadium for his weight class, and he was more of a puncher then so they literally traded leg kicks on him with his right hand on the Thai guy. Apparently it was quite an exciting fight for the fans, and Manu lost. He said he couldn't feel his leg for weeks lol! That's when he decided he better learn to be really good with his legs too.

Alvaro

Whow! what beast kicks! they are really fast and come from a relatively forward position (that way they are faster and telegraph less I suppose). What are the most common injuries in Muay thai? other than the more common at boxing as nose, eyebrow, and rib that probably are less usual in muay thai.

Guest

A very nice fight indeed! Good, clean, technical, aggressive but controlled. I like it! I'm not a fighter but I love K1 (a bit of Dutch pride perhaps, our guys dominate the K1 scene) and thaiboxing.

Joshua Naterman

That's true, the Dutch have a Muay Thai program that rivals Thailand's for sure!

Animalonfire

Tags for youtube were all wrong. MANU N'TOH VS YOD WITIYA, what were you thinking? BIFF BAM POW(etc) would have done just fine :P

I hope my kicks will resemble those eventually.