This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle Running Man Alternatives

Started by James Strack, June 22, 2020 · 3 Replies · 85 Views

James Strack

This is after workout so not a form check I was worn out.  But I used a step ladder bench with a yoga mat doubled over it.  I think same resistance that the guy clutching pommel horse would have.  This usable until gb gear starts up again?

0622201714a.jpg

Sorry guys, I should've used search in forums first I see this has been answered in past.

Jeffrey Bittner

That looks like it'll work great, James!

James Strack

Good Morning,

I was reviewing the video again today and noticed that the instructions for the pommel horse version says there is no need to raise the legs higher then the hips.  That is a huge factor at least for me in how many I can do.  Whereas the video where they use the back straps has them raising them at almost 30 degree angles over the hips.  I'm sure both are fine, but man definitely worth while reading the instructions the difficulty of that angle is not necessary and they don't mention you don't have to do that angle in the video.

Jeffrey Bittner

Your goal on this one is to open your hips to 180 degrees without arching the lower back. Keep in mind that the Back Strap variation naturally places the body at an incline which forces the feet to go higher than the hips as the legs are extended. Although the feet are more elevated, the hips are still only opening to 180 degrees.