This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/Pe3

Started by Ulf Heitländer, June 21, 2020 · 16 Replies · 253 Views

Ulf Heitländer

Hi. Could you please give me a first form check on this one? 

I start at the bottom. But just to find the right hand placement. Is that OK? 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Ulf Heitländer said:

Hi. Could you please give me a first form check on this one? 

I start at the bottom. But just to find the right hand placement. Is that OK? 

 

 

hey Ulf, the bottom lean seems enough, but the top position should be carefully corrected. you must should protraction and posterior pelvic tilt. never sacrifice them for more reps.

Ulf Heitländer

Is this better?

And one more question: should the toes be pointed or is it OK to use the ball of the foot (flexed foot)? 

Jeffrey Bittner

Keep working on hitting stronger protraction and PPT as Alex previously mentioned. I recommend starting from the top in a solid planche lean position, then descending. I think doing so will help you to maintain a stronger, more stable position. Toes should be pointed as you do this one.

Ulf Heitländer

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice improvement on your protraction! Keep working on holding a stronger PPT and relaxing your feet during your push up.

Ulf Heitländer

Hello,

Sry for the bad video. 

Could you give me some feedback on the form?

Thank you very much... 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Your feet look better, however, you still need to focus on hitting a stronger posterior pelvic tilt.

Ulf Heitländer

Not sure if this is any better. I was tired in this set. 

I am at 4x10 at the moment.

Should I drop down some steps to get it right?

I get a better feeling of the ppp, but still a constant struggle for a better position... 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Ulf Heitländer said:

Not sure if this is any better. I was tired in this set. 

I am at 4x10 at the moment.

Should I drop down some steps to get it right?

I get a better feeling of the ppp, but still a constant struggle for a better position... 

Hey Ulf, you are confusing the posterior pelvic tilt and hips extension with PIKED hips position. let we say in a simplistic way: in every single moment of the pushup you should be able to draw a line that MUST pass from heel up to hips up to shoulders. 

for example:

-29'' this is not achieved;

-  31'' again...

Ulf Heitländer

Thanks Alessandro!! 

I will go back a couple of steps do

get it right. 

 

 

Ulf Heitländer

Is this better with the body line?

I seem to have some trouble with the lean as well.

Is it enough? Or go further?

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

You're headed in the right direction. You are still picking up some pike at the bottom of each rep. Once your body line is locked in, increasing the lean will be much easier.

Ulf Heitländer

 

What about this?

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Ulf Heitländer said:

 

What about this?

Nice improvement in the hips positioning...now add 1'' protraction at the top.

Ulf Heitländer

Please some feedback...

I feel like I am stuck on this one forever :(

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Ulf Heitländer said:

Please some feedback...

I feel like I am stuck on this one forever :(

 

 

 

Very nice, this element has many technical and strength components. the most beneficial approach is having always some reps in our reserve.