This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pigeon pose

Started by Nicholas Čapek, June 20, 2020 · 1 Replies · 78 Views

Nicholas Čapek

Hello,

Whenever I place pressure on the lateral aspect of my right foot, typically with an externally rotated leg, I get strong pain in a certain area of my foot. See red circle on photo. I will get this checked out by a doctor, but in the mean time I'm looking for feasible substitutes for certain stretches.

For piriformis, one that comes to mind and is easily managable for me is more of a yoga styled pigeon pose, there's less pressure on the lateral aspect that way. Is this the best substitute for me or should I go with something else?

I'm also looking for a good substitute for the butterfly stretch.

Thank you

foot.jpg

pidgeon pose.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Nicholas Čapek said:

Hello,

Whenever I place pressure on the lateral aspect of my right foot, typically with an externally rotated leg, I get strong pain in a certain area of my foot. See red circle on photo. I will get this checked out by a doctor, but in the mean time I'm looking for feasible substitutes for certain stretches.

For piriformis, one that comes to mind and is easily managable for me is more of a yoga styled pigeon pose, there's less pressure on the lateral aspect that way. Is this the best substitute for me or should I go with something else?

I'm also looking for a good substitute for the butterfly stretch.

Thank you

foot.jpg

pidgeon pose.jpg

Hey NIcholas, the pic you posted here has practically low effect on the posiformis. you can try to put 2 mats under the ankles so that the feet do not have contact with the floor. i had to use this modification due to my ankle lateral pain.