This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle Up - when to Progress?

Started by Alasdair George, June 17, 2020 · 2 Replies · 86 Views

Alasdair George

Hi first time posting in the forums, let me know if I need to change anything.

Context:

Exercise:

  • Core C2: Straddle Up
  • Step 5/9 (4*9 reps)

Current Status:

  • Feet stay pointed (as much as I can. I try not to sickle)
  • Quads stay engaged and no knee bend during the lift that I'm aware of
  • Strength wise, 4 sets are fine and I feel ready to progress to 5 sets
  • Compression aka how closely my legs and torso come together - no where near the V shape in the technique video
  • Straddle width - meh not great but over 100 degrees between the legs

Question:

What is the criteria I should be aiming for before continuing?

  1. Is it on compression, straddle width or as long as you are doing best effort and seeing improvement then keep moving on?

Thanks All!

 

Should I post a form check and if so, does it go in this thread?

 

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Alasdair George said:

Hi first time posting in the forums, let me know if I need to change anything.

Context:

Exercise:

  • Core C2: Straddle Up
  • Step 5/9 (4*9 reps)

Current Status:

  • Feet stay pointed (as much as I can. I try not to sickle)
  • Quads stay engaged and no knee bend during the lift that I'm aware of
  • Strength wise, 4 sets are fine and I feel ready to progress to 5 sets
  • Compression aka how closely my legs and torso come together - no where near the V shape in the technique video
  • Straddle width - meh not great but over 100 degrees between the legs

Question:

What is the criteria I should be aiming for before continuing?

  1. Is it on compression, straddle width or as long as you are doing best effort and seeing improvement then keep moving on?

Thanks All!

 

Should I post a form check and if so, does it go in this thread?

 

Hi George,

the criteria are both a minimum of straddle and a minimum of compression.

i would say:

-straddling at least 120° or more;

-compressing so that you can reduce the angle between the upper and lower body up to 90°.

Alasdair George

Thank you @Alessandro Mainente :)