This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE1 1 to 2 inches? Impossible

Started by Hiroyuki Tanaka, June 16, 2020 · 3 Replies · 59 Views

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Hi, I've restarted HS3.

And I've found that it is impossible to even set a bar 1 to 2 inches (2 to 5 cm)away from the wall. (I don't have any other bar)

See the video 1. It is 10cm away, and I can't even do a second of handstand.

The second video I've put 15 cm away from the wall. Yes, it is easy to do a handstand 60 secs.

Is it ok to put a bar 15 cm away and do this PE1? Or must it to be set within 1 to 2 inches away from the wall?

PS

I can easily do a freestanding handstand more than 60 secs on a floor or on blocks or on pbars.

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Hiroyuki Tanaka said:

Hi, I've restarted HS3.

And I've found that it is impossible to even set a bar 1 to 2 inches (2 to 5 cm)away from the wall. (I don't have any other bar)

See the video 1. It is 10cm away, and I can't even do a second of handstand.

The second video I've put 15 cm away from the wall. Yes, it is easy to do a handstand 60 secs.

Is it ok to put a bar 15 cm away and do this PE1? Or must it to be set within 1 to 2 inches away from the wall?

PS

I can easily do a freestanding handstand more than 60 secs on a floor or on blocks or on pbars.

The main problema is that you are putting on the wall the wrong body part. your should round the upper back and let it go on the wall...not the hips.

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Ok. So the distance is not an important factor. 

How should I do that? 

I can not press up to the top since there's no room to lean forward.

Kick up? Or any other way?

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Hiroyuki Tanaka said:

Ok. So the distance is not an important factor. 

How should I do that? 

I can not press up to the top since there's no room to lean forward.

Kick up? Or any other way?

Well it is important in the sense that the biggest part of the weight should be on hands..for example with my gymnasts i have followed this progression for bar pirouettes and they were as close as possible with only feet touching.