This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Increase UB Strength

Started by Bill Marr, June 12, 2020 · 1 Replies · 72 Views

Bill Marr

Hey @Alessandro Mainente:

I'm making excellent progress through most areas of GST:

  • SLS - SE8
  • HS1 - PE11
  • HS2 - PE8
  • FL - PE5
  • SL - PE8
  • MN - PE9
  • And all the Stretch Series

Upper Body is where I'm lagging:

  • sPL - PE5
  • HBP - PE3 (after spending forever on PE2)
  • RC - PE3 (after spending forever on PE2)

I work out 7 days a week, with Front & Middle Split days considered rest days. I'm doing LB and HS twice a week; all the others once a week. I do a Daily Limber and skip for 15 - 20 minutes every day. I'm also doing extra strength work throughout the week, recently having added 3 x 12 of bicep and tricep dumbbell curls and kettlebell swings. That should help with UB strength a bit.

But I'm thinking I need some rear delt work. Any suggestions for a strength workout I can add a couple of times a week to work on rear delts? Dips? Other body weight exercise? Dumbbell work?

Time to break out of my lagging UB workouts.

BTW, my primary goal for 2020 is to have a solid 60-second freestanding handstand, so HS is a priority for me.

Thanks for any suggestions. Have an awesome weekend!

Bill

 

Alessandro Mainente

hI Bill, at the moment if adding specific muscle work and you are following foundations for approximately one year you can try to add one workout for the upper body so that you can do it 3 times in 2 weeks. i mean something like that:

first week: upper, lower, upper, lower

second week: lower, upper, lower.

then repeat. lower recovers easier from training so i still prefer increasing core and lower first...then upper.