This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Diamond frog

Started by Nick Goddard, June 10, 2020 · 2 Replies · 56 Views

Nick Goddard

Hey guys, I am look for a method to improve my diamond frog. It’s one area that I haven’t felt much improvement over the last 21months of GB. I actively push down towards the ground with my feet but it’s doesn’t feel like there’s much of a stretch. 
 

If I cross the feet one on top of another this feels slightly better like there is more leverage. But am I hitting the same muscles in the stretch?

Or should I apply some ankle weights for this one? 
 

I’m looking for any ideas? Thanks in advance.

 

Nick 

 

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Nick Goddard said:

Hey guys, I am look for a method to improve my diamond frog. It’s one area that I haven’t felt much improvement over the last 21months of GB. I actively push down towards the ground with my feet but it’s doesn’t feel like there’s much of a stretch. 
 

If I cross the feet one on top of another this feels slightly better like there is more leverage. But am I hitting the same muscles in the stretch?

Or should I apply some ankle weights for this one? 
 

I’m looking for any ideas? Thanks in advance.

 

Nick 

 

Hi NIck, but the exercises are not the same. Probably progress is slow for 2 main reasons:

-you are closer to the end range of motion where you are actually capable of stay;

-yours are more capsular that fascia/muscle tension......and it can take years.

Nick Goddard

Potentially at my current stage I am slowly adjusting the shape of the joint capsule each time I stretch? Is that correct?

 

Cheers,

Nick