This is an older video of my ring training. My routine has changed a bit but I would still like any and all critiques (including routine layout).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eaTNkSmr14
p.s. sorry if you dont like nine inch nails >_<
Started by Ortprod, May 9, 2008 · 6 Replies · 2,872 Views
This is an older video of my ring training. My routine has changed a bit but I would still like any and all critiques (including routine layout).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eaTNkSmr14
p.s. sorry if you dont like nine inch nails >_<
Nice L muscle ups.
For the handstands, I would not splay the elbows out. Think elbows behind the body, close to the ribs as if you were doing a pushup with your elbows close to your body.
Perhaps maybe your rings are set a bit too close together, I'm not sure. Well close together per standard width.
Keep working on your supports, so you can build from there as you have a good surplus of strength right now.
Gotcha. After I reviewed this video a few months back, I found that I should have just been doing HSPU on the wall anyway so I incorporated them back into my routine.
Thanks.
Nice work man! Muscle ups were nice and strong. Are u adding much lever work as well? Also u probably are strong enough for ring flies instead of archer pushups.
Keep it up!
Demus said:Nice work man! Muscle ups were nice and strong. Are u adding much lever work as well? Also u probably are strong enough for ring flies instead of archer pushups.Keep it up!
Tyvm! I went back to doing archers upon review of my tape because my arms weren't locked out. I think my straight arm position is getting stronger. I would like to incorporate more static hold work on both levers and planche. I can straddle planche right now but my butt is really high and my split is not that great cause of lack of flexibility in my hips.
I have found that I usually end up being chest dominant in most of my moves and I believe this comes from benching heavy when I was doing BB style training. I have a question: should I do rows to balance all the planche work?
I am going to now start incorporating advanced tuck front levers for 1 total minute into my routine. Thoughts?
Hey mate
Although ring rows are a good exercise i think they are more of a beginner exercise. As a balance for your planche work i believe the front lever progressions will be far better. Experiment with some tuck lever pullups, negatives, ice cream maker, and straight body pulls. This sort of stuff should be more than adequete to balance planche work.
Demus said:Hey mateAlthough ring rows are a good exercise i think they are more of a beginner exercise. As a balance for your planche work i believe the front lever progressions will be far better. Experiment with some tuck lever pullups, negatives, ice cream maker, and straight body pulls. This sort of stuff should be more than adequete to balance planche work.
awesome! I just started advanced tuck FL yesterday (for 1 total minute)
Thanks!