This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE7

Started by James O'Boyle, June 8, 2020 · 14 Replies · 96 Views

James O'Boyle

Hi coaches,

How do these look?

Thanks!,

James

Jeffrey Bittner

Keep working on pulling your feet out to the side more as you lift your legs. It also looks like you need to elevate your feet more on each rep.

James O'Boyle

I’ll work on it, thanks!

James O'Boyle

@Jeffrey Bittner  Hi, Jeffrey!  Here's another go at this one.  How am I doing?

Thanks,

James

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work on the elevation. Keep trying to make your straddle wider.

James O'Boyle

@Jeffrey Bittner  Got it, will do!

James O'Boyle

@Jeffrey Bittner  Hi Jeffrey! Here's an update on this one.  How does it look?

Thanks,

James

Jeffrey Bittner

It might be because of the camera angel, but it look like your straddle is smaller at the top than at the bottom when your legs are hanging down. Try to keep your straddle just as wide as you extend your hips. You also tend to lift your left leg higher than your right. If possible, I recommend doing these in front of a mirror so that you can check to make sure you are elevating your feet evenly while maintaining your big straddle.

James O'Boyle

@Jeffrey Bittner  Gotcha, I'll work on fixing those points!  Is the straddle wide enough at the top of the reps?

Jeffrey Bittner

Try to go wider.

James O'Boyle

Hi again coaches,

Here is another update on this one.  How does it look?

Thanks,

James

Jeffrey Bittner

Good work, James. Keep trying to pull those legs apart more. If possible, can you also post a side view?

James O'Boyle

@Jeffrey Bittner  Awesome, thanks!  I'll see if I can get a side view video next session--the space is a little tricky but I'll see what I can do.  

The active straddle has been a big sticking point for me--other than continuing to do the MS Series once per week, is there anything you'd recommend to help me with this?

Thanks,

James

Jeffrey Bittner

The Hip Prehab and Restore courses would be a great addition to your schedule. Many of the Lower Body mobility exercises will also help strengthen your abductors.

James O'Boyle

@Jeffrey Bittner  Sounds good, thanks!