This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE5

Started by James O'Boyle, June 8, 2020 · 5 Replies · 64 Views

James O'Boyle

Hi coaches,

I'm starting to train MN PE5 but currently with gyms closed I'm using a doorway pull-up bar.  The bar is not high enough to have straight legs at the bottom of the reps.  Is there a good strategy to work around this in the meantime?  Maybe I can perform a 1/2 tuck hanging leg lift and straighten my legs at the top of the movement, and then perform a negative?  Or perform the movement with bent arms?

Thanks,

James

Jeffrey Bittner

For now I recommend doing as much ROM as your pull up bar allows. Start in a hanging pike with your feet on the floor in front of your (straight legs), then lift your legs to the 1/2 leg lift. You can make the exercise more difficult by keeping your feet off the floor, or barely letting them touch, during your set. Does this sound like a feasible option for the time being?

James O'Boyle

Absolutely.  Sounds good!  I’ll post a form check next session.

 

Thanks,

James

James O'Boyle

@Jeffrey Bittner  Hi Jeffrey, here's a video of MN PE5.  I took the closest thing to a side view I could.  How does it look?

Front view:

Side view:

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Jeffrey Bittner  Hi Jeffrey, here's a video of MN PE5.  I took the closest thing to a side view I could.  How does it look?

Front view:

Side view:

Thanks,

James

Without a stall bar you have to make some things on your own. the best suggestion is to relax at the shoulder as much as possible.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Got it, I'll try to hang "passively" and just focus on the abdominals.  Thanks!