This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Working Around Dislocated Shoulder

Started by Travis Hoover, June 7, 2020 · 1 Replies · 24 Views

Travis Hoover

I dislocated my shoulder pretty violently Easter weekend and got it put back into place, but part of the socket broke off and now there's a dent in the ball that fits into the socket.  I'm getting surgery probably the last week of this month to remove the pieces of bone that are stuck in the joint and to graft bone onto the broken shoulder socket to stabilize it.  I'll be getting a PT afterwords but I'd like to do something to maintain progress I've made so far.

Right now I've been doing the full squat (SLS/PE3) 5x10r with the paired Kneeling Circle (SLS/PE3>iM) 5x3r and the Bent Hollow Hold (FL/PE1) 5x20s with the paired Cat Cow (FL/PE1>iM) 5x5r.
I don't think I've really been doing the Cat Cow right because I can't move my shoulders much.  I'd really like some more ideas on what else I might be able to work on.  After my surgery I won't be able to even do the iM because I'll be in a sling for at least 4 weeks but that shouldn't be much of an issue since I'll be doing whatever the PT recommends.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/184L9cg3GK-Zz8Cx9iqwYzyd2CN063QUN/view?usp=sharing

I think the file was too big to upload.  The picture is looking up towards my head.  This is my left shoulder and the top of the picture is my chest.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.  Have a great weekend everyone!

Alessandro Mainente
Travis Hoover said:
14 hours ago, Travis Hoover said:

I dislocated my shoulder pretty violently Easter weekend and got it put back into place, but part of the socket broke off and now there's a dent in the ball that fits into the socket.  I'm getting surgery probably the last week of this month to remove the pieces of bone that are stuck in the joint and to graft bone onto the broken shoulder socket to stabilize it.  I'll be getting a PT afterwords but I'd like to do something to maintain progress I've made so far.

Right now I've been doing the full squat (SLS/PE3) 5x10r with the paired Kneeling Circle (SLS/PE3>iM) 5x3r and the Bent Hollow Hold (FL/PE1) 5x20s with the paired Cat Cow (FL/PE1>iM) 5x5r.
I don't think I've really been doing the Cat Cow right because I can't move my shoulders much.  I'd really like some more ideas on what else I might be able to work on.  After my surgery I won't be able to even do the iM because I'll be in a sling for at least 4 weeks but that shouldn't be much of an issue since I'll be doing whatever the PT recommends.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/184L9cg3GK-Zz8Cx9iqwYzyd2CN063QUN/view?usp=sharing

I think the file was too big to upload.  The picture is looking up towards my head.  This is my left shoulder and the top of the picture is my chest.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.  Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi travis, well the situation is particular and at the moment no matter if the exercise is not possible of the range of movement is limited. stay in the pain free area. this is your only problem for now.