Freestanding ring handstand and front lever progression

Started by yuri marmerstein, May 26, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,800 Views

yuri marmerstein

Any tips are appreciated

Blairbob

Nice.

The first part of your single leg FL, well for the very first seconds of it, you are a tad high, IMO.

Nice ring press, keep on it.

Razz

Agreed on the front lever.

Big time jealousy on your rings press! Work on doing it with hands turned out and possibly slightly wider.

yuri marmerstein

Thanks guys, I had the same suspicions and now they are confirmed.

Front lever has always given me trouble, I am trying now to break through my plateau

I try to keep the rings turned out but as I start to concentrate on things like balance, I lose it a little. I know I could have opened and extended my shoulders more, but no worries.

I am only coming back to ring handstands now because my wrist is not healed enough yet to do it on floor.

Razz

Same, I can only do rings and parellettes.. your HS is way better than mine though