This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hip Swivels form check

Started by Nick Goddard, June 5, 2020 · 6 Replies · 95 Views

Nick Goddard

Hi guys, please could I get a form check for my hip swivels. Front and side angles. Thanks.

 

Nick Goddard

Bump for this one guys.

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/5/2020 at 2:43 PM, Nick Goddard said:

Hi guys, please could I get a form check for my hip swivels. Front and side angles. Thanks.

 

Hi Nick, you should not raise your hips from the floor. if you do it, you are compensating by twisting and the spine.

Nick Goddard

Cheers Alessandro. Would the attached photo be a good position to sit in, in order to improve?  I feel like I can put some weight on it with the other leg. Whilst both glutes are on the floor. 
 

I appreciate there’s a lot of info for this on the forum but I can’t pin point what I need. 
 

thanks,

nick

31CED2A1-62B9-4E5E-9790-3B340F692C3B.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Nick Goddard said:

Cheers Alessandro. Would the attached photo be a good position to sit in, in order to improve?  I feel like I can put some weight on it with the other leg. Whilst both glutes are on the floor. 
 

I appreciate there’s a lot of info for this on the forum but I can’t pin point what I need. 
 

thanks,

nick

31CED2A1-62B9-4E5E-9790-3B340F692C3B.jpeg

MOve back a bit more and let yourself self to be supported by the sofa. then move the legs un the same position as swivel hips and helo the leg move lower with your arms. single leg work has benefit if the final exercise is a single leg work but swivel hips is double leg. the double leg has a problem: one leg has some influence on the pelvis alignment (and for sure on the other leg) and you need to improve the hips mobility in a situation as similar as possibille.

Nick Goddard

Now when I have my back supported by a wall with my back arched, should both glutes be on the ground ?

Or shall I have one glute raised and be pushing the entire leg down?

Thanks,

 

IMG_9659.thumb.jpg.d65f0d5070f6da5df992f6d499be53cf.jpgIMG_9660.thumb.jpg.3e5c94ceb0f9398dd5c7cec7ef9cf190.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

The second one...this is your real internal rotation. in fact if swivel hips are failed is not possible achieving all the range like the exercise you did before with a single leg.

there many concepts like these were working on a single leg you develop one ability that can change when you perform the exercise with 2 legs.